Friday, October 9, 2009

Kona Predictions and More -

Morning! Let's get down to business. Here are my picks for this years Ironman World Championships:

REMEMBER ITS AT 11AM TOMORROW Saturday the 10th on Universal Sports! Anyone in Rochester get this channel on tv and wanna have a viewing party? I'm down!

Men
1.Crowie - Personal Favorite, Unless he has a major malfunction I envision Craig running a blistering fast marathon 2:45 or better and taking home IM Kona for the second straight year.

2.Stadler - He will kill it on the bike and be better prepared on the run this year, but Crowie will just be two fast over the last 26

3.Macca - Former Champ, but I just don't think he'll have the last kick to take home the win

Dark Horse in the Top 5 --> Mr. Andy Potts (Definitely will be the Top American) and who knows..if hes out of the water first and gets off the bike in a reasonable position...you never know! Plus my coach thinks he's hott so that scores him some bonus points...and remember I keep track of bonus points.

Women
1. Wellington - Ms. Wellington could have two flat tires, a heatstroke, and give birth to a child...and still take home the championship. Who knows she might even be in the top 5 overall...watch out Andy!

2. Macel - she won Placid by 11 minutes this year...that puts you near the top of my list. I'm to lazy to look up her first name right now..is that bad seeing as how I could have found it out about 5 seconds ago instead of writing this line.

3. Marinda Carfrae - Why? Well bc when researching this topic on the Internet I discovered this is her first Ironman. She will be stoked and roaring to go! She's won 5 70.3's this year..yes 5! She's ready to go the distance and I think she may be able to pull off a podium finish in her first year on the Big Island

It should be noted that while vacationing in Kona this past March (i'd have to say this is probably why I have fully immersed myself in this sport, I mean I just started riding a bike in May, I'm pretty new, but again I will write a whole blog about that sometime) anyways..back to my point...while in Kona on Vacation at the Hilton Wakiloa..(theres a plug Hilton now give me some free nights!) I strategically placed a spare tube and C02 cartridge for Chrisse if needed this year..she will be able to find it since I spelled out free air in white rocks at about the 40 mile marker...YOU CAN'T MISS IT!

So there are my picks..completely biased and probably way off but you never know! Please feel free to add your own picks in the comments section...im interested to see what everyone's thinking, and if anyone is reading this....I will award a prize to the person who picks the winner of both the men and women..their indeed will be a prize so make your picks

Next blog...top finishers in a celeb triathlon based on movie and real life characteristics!

TODAY'S FAVORITE FRIDAY FRIEND IS......

I want to throw a special shout out to my former roomate/lover...wait...I mean...JOHN HUETTER! John has kept his blog http://johnhuetter.blogspot.com/going for almost half a year now! He has taken on his own endurance task of sorts and this has surely motivated me. John is an aspiring and if I must say myself a devilishly good looking model, who is living the Zoolander life in dreary old Manhattan. (Bonus points if you can name the movie that "dreary old Manhattan" was quoted...it was a sports movie...duh!) So everyone and by everyone I mean the 3 followers I have, take a look at Johnny's blog and give him some support! Much love brother! Please Note that someday I will be in John's Entourage..probably in E's role because I am short and basically feel that his role would suit me the best. (I'm sure John would have to agree) Vogel as Turtle? We will need to discuss this further..maybe that can be our first podcast! Over cell phone communication or something! When this happens please note that as John's agent he will only do movies in Hawaii in October due to his buddy's prep for the World Championships..this is but a small request for a movie star making 50Million a movie..

ALRIGHT...off to get my run in!

remember everyone "Never leave that till to-morrow which you can do to-day" ~Benjamin Franklin

-Matt - "Turbo" is it gay to coin your own nickname? I'll answer that question..yes, but my buddy scott owner of Towpath Bike Shop calls me it and it would look cool on the back of a nice pair of Newtons...with a slick pair of bonobos on as well...HOW ABOUT THAT FOR BRAND ADVERTISING!

4 comments:

  1. my pick is terenzo bozzone. the guy is a machine. 4 70.3 firsts this year (let's not even talk about 08 where he owned the 70.3 world), and two months of training with macca on the big island. he's got the endurance, the speed, the training, and maybe most importantly, he's only 24. meaning he still has all of his joints in tact. yep, he's a kona newbie, but debuted the IM distance in new zealand, took 2nd, and 9th at the euro worlds while in the middle of kona training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike - I'll put a Bonobos Polo (Winners choice of color) up against Terenzo..Crowie will repeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well when i win, what am i to do? i have them all already.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't we lucky..you can have double of a color..but that's not going to happen

    ReplyDelete