Sunday, October 25, 2009

On the 7th day the Lord Rested but the Triathlete did not

Can't say enough how much I enjoy the weekends. No pressure to get a workout in before work or anything, their are races and competitions all over, I can go to the book store and read things for free without having to buy them (i mention this a lot because its really cool). Overall, the weekend affords me the time to do what I want to do without having to work around other schedules. I can do as little or as much as I'd like...and since these two days are usually the only two free days I wanna pack in as much as possible!

With that said, this morning I am preparing to tackle a new sport. The sport of Cyclocross..as discussed in yesterday's blog I have no idea why its spelled like that and I don't want to take the time to google the reason. But anyway, I am going to take part in a Cyclocross race in Pittsford today. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous. I don't really like to get my butt handed to me in athletics and I think I might get a bit "worked" on the course today. This sport involves dismounting and running over obstacles carrying your bike and stuff....things I don't normally do when I am out riding my bike, but who knows this could be up my alley. Either way I am stoked to be racing and equally as excited to just be outside having fun.

I guess the end result of all this Fall Cross Training that I am planning on doing..Mtn Biking, Cyclocrossing is really going to cost me in the end. I know sooner or later I am going to want a Mountain Bike..and not just any one but a sweet one...so lets just see how long I can hold off...its just way to tantalizing to see LA ride around on a sick Mtn Bike to not have one myself.


Speaking of LA, yesterday I was lucky enough to acquire (over the phone) a really sweet piece of merchandise from his bike shop Mellow Johnnys's in Austin Texas. Check out this link to see what I got http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/sportswear/en_US/view_post?country=US&lang_locale=en_US&blog=en_US&post=en_US/2009/10/19/livestrong-x-nike-zoom-tiempo-austin
These sneakers are really awesome. If you know me you know that I am a bit of a sneaker-a-holic. I even worked at Finish Line while in College just because..Luckily this obsession has ceased over the past year. THANKFULLY! It's really not that cool, its a lot of money to spend on sweet shoes that you never really wear and people really don't care about. That's the bottom line. People really could give to s***'s about whats on your feet. So I have sold off pretty much all the shoes I didn't need. I still have a few pairs (by a few it's prolly way more than most people, but look I am making progress) but anyways I know have only pairs that I wear on a normal basis. With that said IF I do buy new sneakers I buy them for a purpose now. Like my new running shoes..the newtons I will prolly buy many of those in the future, but they are for running, they will make me faster or at least make me think I am faster..that's worth it for me. As for these Livestrong Tiempo's..well what can I say, LA is the man, Mellow Johnny's bike shop is sweet, its combining to passions I had and currently am infected with. Sneakers and cycling..whats better? And I am sure that they will grab people's attention, it will be like an icebreaker..and 100% of the profits go to the livestrong foundation. In Summary these shoes look cool, I was lucky enough to give them a call and have them send me a pair..I mean they only had 100..and these were the only 100 released in the world, so to me I feel like I have a cool piece of livestrong merchandise. I will not be shelfing these or re-selling. I will be proudly wearing these all over the place!

Whoa! Gotta get rolling! I'll continue this blog later today. I plan on resting this afternoon, so a nice cup of GREEN TEA..yes Green Tea..I have had my ration of delicious coffee this morning..(Good things in moderation ehh?? haha will see if this lasts.) Anyways someday I can explain my former obsession over sneakers in more detail if anyone wants to hear about it. BUT FOR NOW...its off to Arrowhead Park in Powder Mills..lets hope I can find this place...DOMINATION TIME??? we shall see..either way im gonna have a blast....

catch ya this afternoon folks!

-MjC

1 comment:

  1. you're soooo buying another bike.

    I say do it Matt. Some day, you're gonna have kids and it won't be in the budge. Live in the now!!!

    appropriate number of bikes is N+1. With N being the current number you own....

    I'd love to hear more about the cyclecross race. I have a mountain bike, maybe i'll join you for one......

    ReplyDelete