Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10.22.09- The Weekend is Fast Approaching

It Thursday already...got plans for the weekend? Oh you don't really have any, well I have just the thing for you! Come join me Saturday afternoon for the Johnnys Run Like Hell 5k in Rochester, NY. Here is the link to sign up if your interested!-->http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1782849&assetId...DO IT, will tear the course up..it'll be fun.

I've got to say that yesterday was just awesome. Even though it was cloudy and overcast all day, the fact that it was almost 60 degrees all day was just blissful. I was able ride my bike outside not once but twice! I went out in the morning and then again after work I rode until their was no more light (I even had my front headlight and back blinker on and still almost managed to get plowed into by some dude making a left hand turn because he was more interested in the person he was chatting with one his cell phone...thats man, I only fishtailed my back tire for a good 15 yards)

Along with the 5k this weekend that will establish my 5k base time for testing purposes (a little nervous, I want to run a really good time....but along with that means I will need to improve on this time in the coming months. But thats a good thing! If I can run as hard as I can right now and be happy with that time and then in 2-3 months run a faster time...well then I would just be peachy, but that's getting ahead of myself..I'll just go out there on Sat and run as hard as I can for as long as I can. On Sunday however I have another test on the bike. This is a first for me. I have never really gone all out on my bike for a short window of time. The long and the short of this test is that it will be a 20 min Time Trial..all out as hard as I can go. This should be interesting and give me a good gauge as to where I am at fitness wise on the bike. So all in all I have some exciting things to do this weekend!

I just downloaded a new song that's currently iTunes #1...Fireflies by Owl City, I think its by the same people as the Postal Service or at least sounds like it...its pretty good....have people heard of these guys before? If anyone has any other suggestions for some good tunes whether they just are good for chilling or good for training let's hear em'

So on tap today is a run session and swimming tonight. First time in the pool in almost 2 weeks..should be interesting. Well it's time to get dressed and put the newtons on. Catch ya later.

-Matt


Tip of the Day: Get in touch with an old friend that you've drifted apart from. I mean what else is facebook for?..haha

No comments:

Post a Comment